Masks are required indoors in campus buildings....

Work Study - Student Employment

For students who need to earn extra money while attending college, a work-study program can be a great choice. It’s an opportunity to earn a paycheck, build your resume and gain valuable references. The pay is $14 an hour, and depending on eligibility, students may earn up to $4,500 per year.

This form of financial aid, financed through state or federal funds, allows students to work part-time on campus in a department of their choice (depending on job availability). Students work from five to 20 hours per week during the school year and up to 40 hours per week during the summer.


  1. Submit a FAFSA form to the financial aid office early in the school year
  2. Demonstrate financial need
  3. Indicate interest in a work-study position on the FAFSA


  1. Review and accept your award notification from Financial Aid. Be sure to accept your work study eligibility
  2. Create a student account on College Central to search for Work Study/Student Worker positions. Students will not be able to log in to access job postings and employment resource with their STARID information until they have created an account with College Central
    • On the Welcome Page click on the options for "Students”
    • To view current work study job openings:
      • Once logged in to College Central, select "Search-My School's Jobs
      • On the "My School's Jobs" page, select the "Advanced Search" option to the right
      • In the KEYWORDS field, type "SW-ATC" then scroll down and select "Begin Search"
      • View current job postings for student worker (work study) positions
  3. Request an Interview
    • Contact the supervisor or department shown to request an interview
  4. Interview for the Position
    • Bring your resume and related materials to the interview
  5. Tax Documents
    • If you are hired, complete the Student Employment Authorization Form (including W-4 and I-9 forms) and return completed forms to the Financial Aid Office             

Assistance in locating off-campus employment is provided by the Career Services Office.