Resources for Students & Employers
Career Services/Job Placement Office
Office 190F (inside the Student Success Center)
- Staffed by an employment counselor from from Anoka County Blaine CareerForce: Thursdays, 7 am to 3:30 pm
- Available to assist students with:
- Developing resumes and cover letters
- Preparing for interviews
- Other job search activities
To request this assistance, call 763-576-7780 or email. Appointments are preferred, but efforts will be made to accommodate walk-ins (on Thursdays only)
College Central Network
College Central Network is a free, online job board for current students and alumni for employment opportunities in your career field, internships opportunities and work-study positions. Using College Central Network, students can:
- Search for and apply to available employment opportunities
- Upload resumes for viewing by employers
- Access many helpful articles, videos and tips on effective job seeking
- Stay up to date on job fairs and hiring events.
Students seeking work-study positions for on-campus employment MUST create an account in order to apply.
To search for work-study (student worker) jobs, type SW-ATC for company name.
Anoka Technical College is welcoming employers back on campus to table with the following criteria:
- Tabling will occur in our cafeteria
- Tabling will occur weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday between the hours of 9 am to 3 pm
- There is a limit of five employers each day. The registration form for any given day will close and become unavailable once the 5 employer limit has been reached
- Please limit your representatives to two people
- Limited power supply is available
- A six-foot table and 2 chairs will be provided for you
- When you arrive on campus, please check in in the Enrollment Services office
Please fill out the Employer Tabling form to request a date and time.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
College Central is free and designed for employers to inform our students and alumni about current job openings within their organization by posting that information to College Central.
All jobs postings go through a screening/approval process before being available for viewing by students.
Questions about College Central Network? Email Career Services.
Classroom presentations and workshops
Faculty may request a class or club visit with a presentation focused towards the interest of the group.
Job openings will be forwarded to program directors.
Job leads appropriate to individual programs will be provided to instructors to disseminate to students and alumni.
Please encourage students to register and use College Central so they can see the many jobs that are posted.
If you're a worker who has been laid off (or notified that a layoff is coming) through no fault of your own, CareerForce offers services at no cost that focus on preparing you to find a suitable new job, and may include financial assistance for re-training for those that qualify.
Anoka County Job Training Center Dislocated Worker program
CareerForce Dislocated Worker Program
Dislocated Worker program service providers throughout Minnesota
Anoka Technical students and alumni have access to employment-seeking resources; documents, podcasts, resume and portfolio format and jobs. Employers register and post jobs for free!
The best Minnesota job board. Free for job seekers and employers to use because Minnesota employer’s unemployment tax dollars support it.
Explore careers, create an education plan, find a job. This site is maintained by Minnesota State.
Use professional social networking to stay current in your profession and develop professional contacts in the field. The mission, “Connect the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful. When you join LinkedIn, you get access to people, jobs, news, updates, and insights that help you be great at what you do.”
This is the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development (DEED) website. It provides resources for job seekers, employers, business and local government.
Glassdoor offers a free inside look at jobs and companies. Salary details, company reviews and interview questions are all posted anonymously by employees and job seekers.
All Anoka Technical College graduates will be asked to complete a short Graduate Follow-up Survey within one year of graduation. Data is collected about employment and furthering education.