D2L Brightspace is an online learning environment that is used for students enrolled in seated, hybrid, and online courses. Many faculty in face-to-face and web-enhanced courses use D2L Brightspace to provide course materials to their students online. D2L Brightspace provides many tools for teaching and learning in the classroom and online.
If D2L Brightspace becomes unavailable, check the D2L Brightspace system status page. This page will indicate any issues with the system and when the system will be back online and fully operational.
- Short Message Service (SMS) – Text Messaging In addition to receiving email notifications about course activity in D2L Brightspace, you can receive text messages. Follow the directions to receive text message notifications through your mobile device. [pdf instructions]
- Confusion with Discussion Posts Appearing as Read/Unread. Watch this video to see how auto mark works and how you can choose the setting you prefer for this feature.
Using D2L Brightspace for the First Time
- Computer Requirements
This document contains information about platform requirements for Brightspace Learning Environment, browser support, and many other areas.
- Perform a D2L Brightspace system check to be sure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for accessing D2L Brightspace. Some courses may require that you install additional plug-ins.
- To log in to Anoka Tech D2L Brightspace your username is your StarID. Your password is your StarID password.
- To activate your StarID and for StarID help, go to https://starid.minnstate.edu
When students register, their courses will show up in D2L within 30 minutes. Students will also be able to log in to D2L 30 minutes after they register. Students will see all their courses listed in D2L but cannot access them until the course start date (unless otherwise specified by the instructor). Few courses do not use D2L. Check your college email for important course information. Know your course start date. Contact your instructor the first day of class with course questions.
D2L Brightspace is an online learning environment that is used for students enrolled in seated, hybrid, and online courses. D2L Brightspace provides many tools for teaching and learning in the classroom and online. Due to COVID -19 many instructors are switching their courses to fully online using D2L Brightspace. If you have never used D2L Brightspace, need more information or need a refresher please join us.
D2L Training Sessions will be listed here, when scheduled