Front-line supervisors and managers are critical to organizational effectiveness and are essential personnel in business and industry.
The Quality Management certificate prepares learners to develop foundational and operational knowledge of the continuous process improvement and quality management function through:
- Total quality management
- Six Sigma
- Project management
Flexible Options to Build On
The Quality Supervision certificate can stand alone to develop specific leadership skills, or be combined with general education credits to earn an Supervisory Management AAS degree and advance your career even further.
Font-line supervisors and managers are critical to organizational effectiveness and are essential personnel in business and industry. The Quality Management certificate prepares learners to develop foundational and operational knowledge of the continuous process improvement and quality management function, including total quality management and quality management function, including total quality management, Six Sigma, Lean, Kaizen, 5s, and project management. Both theory and practice are explored in depth. Learners complete essential coursework and a final applied project in partnership with an actual organization’s continuous improvement and quality management strategies and initiatives.
- Apply effective diversity strategies in the workplace.
- Demonstrate critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Practice professional behavior and interpersonal communication skills.
- Develop and implement change strategies
- Demonstrate visionary leadership.
- Apply ethical marketing, management, and organizational theories.
- Apply human resource management practices.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver effective oral and written communications.
- Demonstrate financial management skills.
- Utilize current technology in the workplace
- Apply customer-focused strategies.
- Apply continuous improvement strategies by exercising creativity and innovation.
The supervisory field covers all areas of the private and public sector. Business and industry consistently seek out qualified employees who can move into the supervisory ranks. Anoka Technical College’s Supervisory Management program prepares individuals to perform successfully as supervisors.
Wage information is available from the Minnesota Department of Education and the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
Some courses in this program may require a prerequisite and courses are only offered certain semesters. Please see course descriptions for more details.
|SMGT 1624||Quality Tools & Creativity||
|SMGT 1626||Management of Safety||
|SMGT 2600||Accounting for Non-Financial managers||2|
|SMGT 1628||Documentation/Written Communication Skills||
|SMGT 2602||Project Management/Problem Solving||
|SMGT 2604||Leadership Development||
|SMGT 2640||Quality Management Capstone||
Students must earn a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher to be eligible for graduation from this program.