Financial Aid Eligibility
To receive financial aid, the student must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. Non-citizen who would like eligibility status determined, should visit the Financial Aid Office.
- Have a valid Social Security number or for non-citizens, an A-number.
- Be enrolled at Anoka Technical College as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program effective the term in which you wish to receive aid. The student must be a degree-seeking student in order to receive aid.
- Have no current default status on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal student grant.
- Comply with the verification process. One-third of all students are selected for this process by the Department of Education. If selected, Anoka Technical College is required to verify the information reported on the student's FAFSA. If you do not provide the information needed to complete the verification process, you will not be eligible to receive aid. All notifications regarding required information will be sent to your student email address.
- Provide information to resolve any discrepancies identified by the Department of Education, the Social Security Administration, the Department of Homeland Security or the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS).
- Meet financial aid Satisfactory Academic Progress standards. There are differences in these standards between the Academic Advising Office and the Financial Aid Office, so it’s important to check with both. More info is available at the Anoka Technical College Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy web page and the Minnesota State Policy 2.9 page.
- Submit all requested academic transcripts.