Policy 2.4: Graduation
- A student will earn a certificate, diploma, or AAS degree upon satisfactorily completing all requirements for graduation and complying with all applicable policies of the college.
- Students must maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA to be eligible for a certificate, diploma, or AAS degree. Note that some program majors may have additional GPA and/or grading requirements for graduation.
- Students who do not meet graduation requirements will be notified by letter. Students must reapply for graduation after meeting the requirements.
- Students will graduate at the end of the term in which they complete all course requirements. However, a student may be allowed to participate in commencement if he/she desires to walk with his/her cohort but have outstanding graduation requirements of 7 credits or less and the courses are offered the following semester. The student will not receive an award until successfully completing outstanding program requirements. If more than 7 credits are left to be completed, the student will be allowed to participate in commencement after all program requirements are completed the following term.
- When the student completes all the requirements for graduation and is awarded a certificate, diploma, or AAS degree, he/she will receive an official transcript at no charge along with the award in the mail. Additional copies of official transcripts may be obtained for a fee by submitting a request throught www.getmytranscript.com or to the Records Office.
- Official Transcripts and awards cannot be released until all financial obligations to Anoka Technical College are met.
- Students who achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 by the last semester completed prior to graduation will be recognized as honor students at the graduation ceremony and in the graduation program. The calculation does not include the final semester grades.
- Students seeking exceptions to the requirements must submit a graduation appeal to the Dean of Student Affairs.
To receive a degree from Anoka Technical College, students must earn one third of their credits through enrollment in Anoka Technical College courses.
Unknown adoption date
05.2017 Removed reference to graduation fee; changed number of outstanding graduation requirement credits from six to seven
02.2019 Added statement #2 regarding maintaining 2.0 GPA (moved from procedure to policy)