Front-line supervisors and managers are critical to organizational effectiveness and are essential personnel in business and industry.
The Human Resources (HR) certificate helps prepare new front-line supervisors and individuals interested in developing a foundational knowledge of the HR function for leadership roles or HR support positions.
Gain skills and current knowlege in:
- Recruiting and interviewing
- Performance appraisal process
- Benefits administration
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO), diversity, inclusive cultures
- Strategic talent management
Flexible Options to Build On
The Human Resources certificate can stand alone or be combined with general education credits to earn an Supervisory Management AAS degree and advance your career even further.
Font-line supervisors and managers are critical to organizational effectiveness and are essential personnel in business and industry. The Human Resources (HR) certificate prepares learners to develop foundational and operational knowledge of the HR function, including recruiting, interviewing, selecting, scheduling, performance appraisal process, benefits administration, compensation, equal employment opportunity (EEO), diversity, inclusive cultures, and strategic talent management. Learners complete essential coursework and a final applied project in partnership with an actual organizations’ HR department.
- Apply effective diversity strategies in the workplace.
- Demonstrate critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Practice professional behavior and interpersonal communication skills.
- Develop and implement change strategies
- Demonstrate visionary leadership.
- Apply ethical marketing, management, and organizational theories.
- Apply human resource management practices.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver effective oral and written communications.
- Demonstrate financial management skills.
- Utilize current technology in the workplace
- Apply customer-focused strategies.
- Apply continuous improvement strategies by exercising creativity and innovation.
The human resources field covers all areas of the private and public sector. Business and industry consistently seek out qualified employees to work in human resource related areas.
The Anoka Technical College Supervisory Management program prepares individuals to perform successfully as entry-level human resources professionals. The certificate is also serves as additional training for currently employed business and office staff.
Wage information is available from the Minnesota Department of Education and the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
Some courses in this program may require a prerequisite. Please see course descriptions for more details.
|ENGL 2105||Business & Technical Writing (Goal 1)||
|SMGT 1612||Human Resources Management||
|SMGT 1614||Performance Management||
|SMGT 1616||Employment Law||
|SMGT 1618||Employee Training & Coaching||
|SMGT 1620||Work Teams & Facilitation Skills||
|SMGT 1631||Human Resources Capstone||
Students can choose to complete this program part-time. Part-time students will take longer to complete their program than students who follow the full-time sequence listed on the official program guide. Because every course may not be offered each semester, it is important for part-time students to reach out to their faculty advisors for help in planning their long-term, part-time course sequence.
If you need help picking out your first semester courses, reach out to your faculty advisor or enrollment services.
Students must earn a cumulative 2.0 GPA or higher to be eligible for graduation from this program.