Provide innovative career and technical education to help our students and communities live and learn well.
A vital student-and community-focused institution, providing the finest career and technical education in Minnesota.
- Expand Delivery Strategies
- Support Student Readiness and Seamless Transitions
- Improve Student Support
- Address Affordability
- Meet Diverse Community Needs
- Focus Institutional Advancement
- Become an Employer of Choice
- Catalyze K-12/Career and Technical Education Collaboration
Our commitment to cultural diversity
Anoka Technical College is a member of a college community that is committed to creating a positive, supportive environment and welcomes a diversity of opinions and ideas for students, faculty and staff of all cultures. The college will not tolerate racism, harassment, or any derogatory remarks about a student’s race, sexual orientation, religion, class, gender or physical limitations. Anoka Technical College believes the best and most effective learning environment for tomorrow’s leaders is in a multicultural environment.
Our commitment to institutional integrity
The College is dedicated to helping every learner acquire the essential knowledge, skills and attitudes to be successful. ATC recognizes that ethical behavior creates an effective learning environment and helps the students and the institution accomplish their goals. The college defines integrity as the responsibility to deliver education and services as promised. Equitable treatment of all people involved with the college is fundamental to the integrity of Anoka Technical College.
- Mutual respect for all, regardless of roles and responsibilities
- Open and free exchange of information relative to individual roles and responsibilities
- Non-discriminatory practices regarding the admission and retention of students and the hiring and retention of college employees
- Commitment to a student-centered program of studies
- Commitment to on-going professional growth and development for faculty and staff
- Honest and truthful communication regarding the College’s programs, policies and practices.
Anoka Technical College
The college has transfer agreements with many four-year institutions, including Bemidji State University; Concordia College; Metropolitan State University; Minnesota State University, Mankato; Minnesota State University, Moorhead; and St. Cloud State University.
The college’s progress toward measuring student learning outcomes contributed to accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission through 2014.
All programs include hands-on, student-centered experiential learning.
Free job placement assistance, financial aid for those who qualify, free tutoring, access to industry technologies, research and access to the Internet are available.
The average technical class size is 24 and lab size is 14.