Anoka Technical College Emergency Medical Services (EMS) program offers information sessions
Anoka Technical College Emergency Medical Services (EMS) certificate program is offering information sessions this summer to help prospective students and the community better understand what it takes to become an emergency services technician.
Information sessions are scheduled for:
• Friday, June 22, 10 am, Rm 251
• Friday, July 27, 10 am, Rm 251
The EMS program at Anoka Tech offers two certificates:
To earn the first certificate, students complete nine credits in one semester. This certificate is especially geared toward public safety providers and people new to the field of emergency medical services.
The second certificate builds on to the initial nine credits with an additional 11 credit semester. This certificate is intended for those who want to work as an Emergency Medical Technician (EMT), advance their level of education as an EMT or transfer into a more comprehensive program with one of Anoka Tech’s Metro Paramedic Partners including Century College, Inver Hills Community College and St. Cloud Technical & Community College.
Successful completion of both Anoka Tech’s Emergency Medical Services (EMS) certificates:
• prepares students to take the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technician computer-based exam.
• registers the student with the American Heart Association for the Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider card.
• prepares students to take the State of Minnesota skills test for Emergency Medical Technician professionals.
To sign up for an upcoming information session, visit the college website at AnokaTech.edu or go directly to https://survey.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_esq1h5dVZ3IgKXj
Read More News