Changing An Employee's Work Schedule
At Anoka Tech we approach changes in our community with an open and innovative attitude. As a result, there are times when we need to adjust our schedule to meet the needs of our community and our students. When those times occur we work within the parameters of the collective bargaining agreements to change our employee's work schedules.
Use the Notice of Change of Employee Hours form to post changes to employee hours according to the collective bargaining agreements.
Here are some helpful guidelines:
Most schedules can be changed with a 14 day posted notice.
- Employees returning to work after a worker's comp claim are not entitled to the 14 day notice.
- 28 day posted notice required for changes that depart from the normal work day or work week.
- 28 day posted notice if changing from an 8 hour to a 10 hour day.
- 28 day posted notice if changing from a 5 day work week to a 4 day work week.
- 28 day posted notice if creating a work shift that is not currently used by the appointing authority.
|Schedules can be changed with a 14 day posted notice.
Employees returning to work after a worker's comp claim are not entitled to the 14 day notice.
|Hours may be adjusted in accordance with circumstances and with the approval of the immediate superior.
However, employees assigned to progression code 2 and employees assigned to progression code 1 at salary range 18 shall have hours that are consecutive, no split shifts and consecutive days off.