What is a Tech ID?
A Tech ID is the employee photo identification number and badge for the college. This number is generated by the MnSCU System wide College and University Personnel Payroll System (SCUPPS).
What does a Tech ID do?
- Identifies you as an Anoka-Tech and Anoka-Ramsey employee within the MnSCU system
- Gives you access to the copy machines on campus
- Is used to check out materials at the Academic Resource Center (ARC)
- Identifies Anoka-Tech and Anoka-Ramsey faculty and students at clinical sites
How do I get a Tech ID?
- At your orientation meeting HR staff will walk you down to the ARC
- You will have your photograph taken
- You will receive your ID badge at that time
- Your Tech ID number is on the back of your badge.
How is it different than my Star ID?
- Your Star ID is a secure user name and password that gives you access in MnSCU technology systems and services.
- The Tech ID is your MnSCU employee number.
How is it different than my MN Employee ID number?
- The MN Employee ID number identifies you in the State's employee systems.
- The Tech ID number identifies you as an Anoka-Tech and Anoka-Ramsey employee on campus and in the MnSCU system.
Human Resouces Office