Anoka Technical College students may be eligible to apply for the grants listed here.

A grant is a type of aid that does not need to be repaid.

Federal Pell Grant

Federal Pell Grant funds are available throughout the year.

Grant funds are gift aid.

Aid is made available to eligible undergraduate students who are enrolled in three (3) credits or more.

During the 2013-2014 year, Pell Grants will range from $582 to $5,645.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)

The Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) is awarded to a limited number of eligible students

As mandated by federal guidelines, FSEOG awards are awarded to students who are eligible for a Federal Pell Grant.

Each institution has limited funding in FSEOG. The maximum FSEOG award at Anoka Technical College is $600.

Students are encouraged to apply to complete the FAFSA application by February 15 for top consideration of these funds.

Minnesota GI Bill

The Minnesota GI Bill program provides postsecondary financial assistance to eligible Minnesota veterans and service members who have served in the U.S. Military and to the children and spouses of deceased or severely disabled eligible Minnesota veterans and service members who have served in the U.S. Military.

An applicant must: be a veteran who is serving or has served honorably in any branch of the United States armed forces at any time; or a non-veteran who has served honorably for a total of five years or more cumulatively as a member of the Minnesota National Guard or any other active or reserve component of the United States armed forces, and or a surviving spouse or dependent of a person who has served in the military at any time, and who has died or has a total and permanent disability as a direct result of that military service.

The student must also:

  • be a Minnesota resident;
  • apply for the MN GI Bill benefits before the last day of the term for which benefits are requested;
  • be less than 62 years old before the beginning of the term for which benefits are requested;
  • be current on child support obligations, if applicable;
  • be enrolled in an eligible MN postsecondary institution in a certificate, diploma, or degree program;
  • be making satisfactory academic progress in his or her academic program. 

Minnesota State Grant

The Minnesota Office of Higher Education annually awards Minnesota State Grant to eligible Minnesota residents.

The maximum Minnesota State Grant a student can receive at Anoka Tech in 2012-2013 is $8,310.

The average Minnesota State Grant award to an eligible Anoka Tech student during 2012-2013 is $2,500.

Students must submit their FAFSA application to the federal processors no later than 30 days after the start date of the first term for which they are applying.

Eligibility for the Minnesota State Grant program is exhausted after a student has reached the equivalency of four (4) years of full-time enrollment. 

Postsecondary Child Care Grant

The Postsecondary Child Care Grant program provides financial assistance to students who have children 12 and under, are not receiving assistance under the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP), and who demonstrate financial need for grants, to help pay for child care while pursuing a postsecondary education.

Applicants must:

  • be U.S. citizens or eligible non-citizen;
  • meet state residency requirements;
  • not be recipients of MFIP;
  • be enrolled at least half-time (defined in statute for this program as six credits per term);
  • not have earned a baccalaureate degree or been enrolled on a full-time basis for eight semesters, 12 quarters, or the equivalent;
  • not be in default of any educational loan;
  • be making satisfactory progress;
  • not be receiving tuition reciprocity benefits from another state;
  • be pursuing a nonsectarian program or course of study that applies to an undergraduate degree, diploma or certificate.

The maximum award amount is $2,800 per eligible child per academic year.

The amount of the award cannot exceed 40 hours of child care per week per eligible child.

The Postsecondary Child Care Grant application must be completed and submitted to the Financial Aid Office.  


Financial Aid