Admissions/Apply to the College
General Student Admission
Complete and submit the immunization form.
Take ACCUPLACER placement test. The ACCUPLACER placement test evaluates Reading Comprehension, Arithmetic and Sentence Skills. Walk-in testing is available Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. in room 185. A photo ID is required.
Possess a high school diploma or GED, or achieve qualifying ACCUPLACER scores. Qualifying minimum scores, set by the Federal Government, are as follows: Reading Comprehension 55; Sentence Skills 60; Arithmetic 35.
Submit your high school transcripts or GED certificate if you have graduated within the past five years.
Receive an acceptance letter from Anoka Technical College.
- Attend orientation and register for classes.
Returning Student Admission
If you have been away from Anoka Technical College for a semester or more, please complete this Re-Admission form. We will process your request and let you know if you meet admission requirements for that program. Program admission is not guaranteed as some programs may be filled to capacity.
Transfer Student Admission
Transfer students are students who have taken courses at other colleges or universities and are planning on receiving credit for those courses at Anoka Technical College.
Transfer Student Admission Steps
Send official transcripts from all previous colleges attended to Anoka Tech. Anoka Tech will automatically receive transcripts from MnSCU colleges and universities.
Depending on your previous college coursework, you may be required to complete the Anoka Tech Placement test.
Receive an acceptance letter in the mail.
For information about transferring credits, visit the Transfer Student page.
For information about the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum, visit the Anoka Tech MnTC page
PSEO Student Admission
PSEO Application Deadlines
Fall Semester: July 15
Spring Semester: December 1
All PSEO application materials must be submitted by the application deadline to be considered for admission.
Additional information for PSEO Students is located here.
Visiting Student Admission
If you are admitted and in good academic standing at another MnSCU college or university, you may register for courses at Anoka Tech as a visiting student. Visiting MnSCU students must follow all Anoka Tech policies, procedures and deadlines and may register for courses during the Anoka Tech Open Registration period.
Steps to Register for Classes
- Log in to your college's E-Services account (where you register for classes at the college where you are admitted).
- Select Courses and Registration, then select Find a Course.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- By default, your college's name appears next to College/University. Click the Search Other Institutions link.
- Select Anoka Technical College and click Set College/University. You will now be able to search and register for classes at Anoka Tech.
- Visiting MnSCU students who register for classes at Anoka Tech will owe tuition at Anoka Tech. To view and pay your bill through your eServices account. Anoka Tech does not mail invoices, and you are responsible for making payment arrangements by the appropriate deadline.
- If you need to make changes to your schedule after you register, please be aware of Anoka Tech policies and deadlines pertaining to adding, dropping and withdrawing from classes.
- In addition to your eServices account, you are responsible for activating and using all Anoka Tech online student accounts.
Just Take a Class or a Few Classes
If you just want to take a class or a few classes, less than 9 credits at Anoka Tech, but you’re not planning to complete a degree or certificate, take the following steps. As a limited enrolled student, you will not be able to receive financial aid and will only be able to register for courses during the open registration period.
- Students are required to have the following documents completed at the time of registration:
a. Non-Degree/Visiting Student Agreement form
b. Immunization Form
c. Registration form with course name, course id, start date and course credits.
*Nursing Assistant requires additional information.
- Visit the Office of Records and Registration with the completed forms.
- After registration, payment will be accepted at the Business Office.
If you want to register for non-credit Workforce or Professional Training, details are here.
Veteran Student Admission
To qualify for veterans benefits, you will need to apply for General Admission to Anoka Tech.
- Follow this Admissions Checklist
Apply for Veterans Education Benefits - Contact us for personalized services: email
or call 651-336-2371. Your VA application will be processed after you have been accepted to the college. Simply fill out the Application of Education Benefits (form 22-1990
), obtain a certified copy of your DD-214 and return them to the VA Certifying Official in the Records Office located on campus. For those in Selective Reserve or National Guard, a Notice of Basic Eligibility is required, which is available from your commading officer or unit.
Contact the Veterans Certifying Official - email
or call 763-576-7740.Submit a copy of your scheduled classes to the Veterans Certifying Official after registering for courses.
You are welcome to visit the Veterans Center on Campus Rm 333, 8 am to 4 pm.
Find additional detail about Anoka Tech Veterans Services here.