Get the Vax
At Anoka Tech, safety is a top concern. The best way to ensure a smooth and safe fall semester is to get vaccinated.
Minnesotans can use the state's Vaccine Connector to find and schedule vaccination appointments.
It's understandable to have doubts and concerns about the vaccine. Students can find answers for some common questions about the COVID-19 vaccines here.
Faculty and staff FAQs can be found here.
Get the Vax Win a Prize
To thank everyone for doing their part to protect our college community all students, staff, and faculty have the chance to win prizes for protecting themselves and their classmates and colleagues by getting vaccinated.
Weekly drawings will be held every Monday morning starting Sept. 27 through Oct. 18, 2021, with a grand prize drawing on Oct. 25.
Any student, staff or faculty member of the college that is fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by Oct. 21.
You are considered fully vaccinated either after receiving a second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine or after receiving a single-dose J&J COVID-19 vaccine.
How to Enter
- Complete this questionnaire once fully vaccinated
- To win you will have to document that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- Responses will be placed into the drawing pool the same week that it’s submitted
- All entries submitted by the preceding Friday will be eligible for the Monday drawing
- Entries will remain in the pool until it is either drawn, or the drawings end on Oct. 21
- All student entries, including weekly winners, will be eligible to win a Grand Prize on Oct 25
- Participants may complete the questionnaire to enter the drawing up until Oct. 21; however, the sooner you get vaccinated and complete the questionnaire the more chances you have to win
Weekly Prizes for students (5 students will be chosen each week)
A “Support the Gold and Black” Gift Box
Each week the box will contain different items but will typically include for example, college branded apparel, hats, scarves, water containers, snacks, drinks, and other essentials for technical college life. Apparel may be exchanged for sizes and gender to coincide with the winner as appropriate.
Grand Prizes for students (3 students)
- First selected receives a Microsoft Surface laptop computer (a value of up to $600)
- Second selected receives free* Spring Semester 2022 textbooks and/or course materials (for up to 15 credits) provided by the Anoka Tech Campus Store
- Third selected receives Spring Semester 2022 tuition* for courses offered through Anoka Tech (for up to 15 credits)
*there may be tax and reporting and financial aid implications related to the prize
Due to collective bargaining agreement provisions and tax regulations, the college must offer different prizes for employees and students.
Weekly Prizes for employees (2 per week)
An Anoka Tech branded sweatshirt or pull over of their choice
Consolation Prize for employees
All employees who submitted an entry form but whose name was not drawn as a winner, will receive a token good for one free beverage of their choice at the Anoka Tech cafeteria
Claiming a Prize
If your name is drawn as a winner, you will be contacted via email and you will be required to present proof to The Office of Campus Safety and Security that you have been fully vaccinated. Acceptable proof of a completed COVID vaccination includes one of the following:
- an original CDC COVID-19 vaccination card
- a paper or electronic copy of a CDC COVID-19 vaccination card
- if vaccinated in another country, then an original or copy of an alternative official vaccination record, as proof of FDA- or WHO-approved COVID-19 vaccination status
The Safety and Security Office will then confirm that you are eligible to win, and your prize will be given to you.
When entering the contest, you can choose whether or not your name could be announced as a prize winner. If you choose to not share your name, your name will not be shared.
Share your why
Help inspire our community to protect themselves and other by sharing why you got the vax. Share on social media tagging @AnokaTech using #MinnStateVaxChallenge or submit your response here for us to share.