Policy 2.4: Graduation
- A student will earn a certificate, diploma, or AAS degree upon satisfactorily completing all requirements for graduation and complying with all applicable policies of the college.
- Students who do not meet graduation requirements will be notified by letter. Students must reapply for graduation after meeting the requirements.
- Students will graduate at the end of the term in which they complete all course requirements. However, a student may be allowed to participate in commencement if he/she desires to walk with his/her cohort but have outstanding graduation requirements of 7 credits or less and the courses are offered the following semester. The student will not receive an award until they successfully complete outstanding program requirements. If more than 7 credits are to be completed, the student will be allowed to participate in commencement after all program requirements are completed the following term.
- When the student completes all the requirements for graduation and is awarded a certificate, diploma, or AAS degree, he/she will receive an official transcript at no charge along with the award in the mail. Additional copies of official transcripts may be obtained for a fee by submitting a request to the Office of Records and Registration
- Official Transcripts and awards cannot be released until all financial obligations to Anoka Technical College are met.
- Honor students who achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 by the last semester completed prior to graduation will be recognized at the graduation ceremony. This does not include their final semester grades.
- Students seeking exceptions to the requirements must submit an appeal to the Registrar.
To receive a degree from Anoka Technical College, students must earn one third of their credits through enrollment in Anoka Technical College courses.
Unknown adoption date
5.2017 Removed reference to graduation fee; changed number of outstanding graduation requirement credits from six to seven