Policy 2.4: Graduation
Click here for PDF.
- 1. A student will earn a certificate, diploma, or AAS degree upon satisfactorily completing all requirements for graduation and complying with all applicable policies of the college, including that all financial obligations to the College are met.
2. All Anoka Technical College students must complete Basic Math, Basic English, and Reading Skills before receiving a diploma or an Associate of Applied Science degree if the New Student Assessment scores do not exempt the student from taking these courses.
3. Students who do not meet graduation requirements will be notified by letter. Students must reapply for graduation after meeting the requirements. Students pay the graduation fee only once.
4. Students will graduate at the end of the term in which they complete all course requirements.
Appeals to this policy must be brought to the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.
5. When the student completes all the requirements for graduation and is awarded a certificate/diploma/degree, he/she will receive two copies of the complete official transcript at no charge. Additional copies of official transcripts may be obtained for a fee by submitting a written request to the Records and Registration Office. Students may obtain a Transcript Release Form from the Records and Registration Office or by accessing www.anokatech.edu. Transcripts cannot be released until all financial obligations to ATC are met.
6. Honor students who achieve a cumulative GPA of at least 3.5 by the last semester completed prior to graduation will be recognized at the graduation ceremony. This does not include their final semester grades.
7. To receive a degree from Anoka Technical College, students must earn 20 of their last 30 degree semester (or quarter equivalent) credits through enrollment in Anoka Technical College courses. Students may transfer in a maximum of 10 credits for courses with a grade of C or higher.
It is the policy of the college that students who do not complete the required number of credits for a certificate, diploma or AAS degree shall receive a transcript. The transcript shall include the completed credits for completed courses.