Promote Academic Programs
New Academic Programs/Offerings
Once AASC Approval is Complete:
Consider, who is the target audience? How can they be reached? Do you have mail/email lists?
Audiences/Lists to Consider
Alumni: Alumni Relations (Jamie Barthel)
Current Enrollments: Institutional Research (Nora Morris)
Prospects interested in specific programs: Recruitment (Genna Anderson)Industry/Businesses: Professional & Workforce Training (Jamie Barthel)
- Prepare program benefits/solutions. Why should a student be interested? What type of job will they get?
- Are there transfer options, articulation agreements or related portal offerings?
- Prepare communications/training for counselors/advisors.
- Prepare internal communications for the Marketing and Public Relations Department. Consider an announcement to the college, a college bulletin/student bulletin story
- Consider scheduling information sessions.
- What student life and student services offerings does ARCC have to compliment this program?
- Work with Heather Moeller to prepare guide sheet text.
- Use college templates to design promotional materials. (examples: post cards, posters, brochures, tv monitors). Academic area templates can be found here: S:\Marketing Resources\Templates\Academic Program Templates
Once MnSCU Approval is Complete:
Notify Heather Moeller, who will meet with the Marketing and Public Relations Department to fully prepare:
- Guide sheet layout for online academic catalog and single-sheet printing.
- Implement internal announcement via email and college bulletin.
- Web: prepare new web page for program, add guide sheet online, add to online academic catalog, create Flash item (part of the front homepage rotating graphics).
- Prepare Press Release/Photo Op for external announcement.
- Share with President’s Office.
- Discuss other marketing options.
If you have any questions, please contact, Heather Moeller, Educational Services (4046) or Mary Jacobson,
Marketing and Public Relations Department (1315).