Provide innovative career and technical education to help our students and communities live and learn well.
A vital student-and community-focused institution, providing the finest career and technical education in Minnesota.
Anoka Tech is committed to creating a positive, supportive
environment and welcomes a diversity of opinions and ideas for students,
faculty and staff. The college will not tolerate racism, harassment, or any
derogatory remarks about a student’s race, sexual orientation, religion, class,
gender or physical limitations. The college believes the best and most
effective learning environment for tomorrow’s leaders is in a multicultural
Anoka Technical College is dedicated to helping every learner acquire the essential knowledge, skills and attitudes to be successful.
Anoka Tech recognizes that ethical behavior creates an effective learning environment and helps the students and the institution accomplish their goals.
The college defines integrity as the responsibility to deliver education and services as promised.
Equitable treatment of all people involved with the college is fundamental to the integrity of Anoka Technical College.
- Mutual respect for all, regardless of roles and responsibilities
- Open and free exchange of information relative to individual roles and responsibilities
- Non-discriminatory practices regarding the admission and retention of students and the hiring and retention of college employees
- Commitment to a student-centered program of studies
- Commitment to on-going professional growth and development for faculty and staff
- Honest and truthful communication regarding the College’s programs, policies and practices.
What is MnSCU?
Anoka Techical College is part of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system – known as MnSCU. As a system, we provide the opportunity for all Minnesotans to create a better future for themselves, for their families, and for their communities. Together, we educate 410,000 students each year – 60% of all undergraduates in the state. Anoka Tech’s 2,800 students benefit from the state support received by MnSCU because it helps to offset costs to ensure the lowest possible tuition and fees for students.
Along with Anoka Technical College, all MnSCU colleges and universities offer the most affordable higher education options in the state – more affordable than private colleges and universities and the University of Minnesota.
Why is this important?
- State funding has a direct impact on students. As more funding is provided by the state, lower tuition and fees are required to be paid by students – keeping student debt levels low.
- Within 5 years, fully 74% of jobs in Minnesota will require some postsecondary credentials.
- We must protect affordability and the quality programs that are essential to serving students and communities across Minnesota.
What are we requesting?
The central tenet of our request is to get the right balance between the state’s investment and student tuition. In 2002, the state provided 66.3% of the cost of a student’s education. Today that share is 43.9% -- a decline of 1/3. We’d like to move state support toward 50:50.
Our request of $142M will:
- Protect programs on all our campuses so we can continue to serve students and meet the future workforce needs of Minnesota;
- Protect our ability to deliver these programs; and
- Protect affordability to ensure access for all Minnesotans.
This funding is essential to Anoka Tech's efforts in providing access to quality higher education and meeting our commitment to the communities we serve.
If the $142M is fully funded, the Board of Trustees will freeze tuition for two years – holding it to where it has been since 2012. It also will provide sufficient revenue to enable us to provide for the cost of operations at our colleges and universities. It provides only enough to cover inflation. On our campus, that means $4.26 million for faculty and staff salary and benefit increases and other inflationary costs.
How can I help?
Please join us in thanking Governor Dayton for recommending full funding at $142 million for our biennial request and for his recommendation of $100 million in bonding via social media, email, letters or phone calls.
Talk to your local legislators about the importance of this request for Anoka Technical College.