Initialize Your Student Network Account
If you are a registered student and wish to login to a college computer, you will need to activate your StarID first.
- From off campus, follow these instructions.
- On the Cambridge campus, visit one of our computer kiosk stations in F207
- On the Coon Rapids campus, visit one of our computer kiosk stations in T124
- On ATC campus, visit the Academic Resource Center or IT HelpDesk in Room 305
Logging in on Campus
After you have activated your StarID, you can login to a college computer:
- Simultaneously press Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys to open the login dialog box
- In the Username field, enter your StarID (Example: ab1234cd).
- Enter your Password set when you activated your StarID. If you forgot your password click here
- Press Enter on the keyboard.
- Congratulations! You are now logged in—don’t forget your password.
As an Anoka-Ramsey and Anoka Tech students, it is necessary to active your StarID so you can access computers on campus, your email, your eServices and D2L (Desire 2 Learn).
Anoka Technical Students do not have network drives. The IT Help Desk recommends saving frequently, and backing up your work to the cloud or a flash drive.
Anoka-Ramsey Community College students:
Storing/Saving Your Files
Each student has access to 150mb of network storage. When you login to a College computer, the M: drive will be your personal network space.
Accessing Your Files On Campus
- Login to a campus computer
- Double-click My Computer
- You will see the Home M: drive
Accessing Your Files Off Campus
Remote access to your network drives is available at https://files.anokaramsey.edu
When asked to login, use the same username and password as you would to login to computers on campus. Registered students can activate a StarID online.
Notes on Accessing Your Files Off Campus
- Once logged in, the Home button on the left will display the list of File Access shortcuts. Click the File Access shortcut link to display the contents of that folder.
- Please note that the number of files and folders displayed is related to the height of your web browser. If you do not see all the files in your folder, use the Page navigation buttons along the tool bar to change which files are displayed.
- The toolbar contains buttons to upload files, and create new folders in the currently displayed folder.