Placement Based On ACT Scores/Prior Credits
Submit documentation now to be considered for exemption
Qualifying ACT sub-scores - Students that demonstrate readiness to succeed in college with qualifying ACT sub-scores will not be required to take all or part of Accuplacer. Exemption is based on documentation of sub-test scores equal to or above the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) system-endorsed minimum:
- Reading sub-test score of 21 or higher, earned within the past three calendar years.
- English sub-test score of 18 or higher, earned with the past three calendar years.
- Mathematics sub-test score of 22 or higher, earned with the past two calendar years.
ACT sub-scores at these levels may facilitate registration into college-level courses that have prerequisites based on correlating Accuplacer scores. Refer to your selected program plan
for details about your program and course requirements.
If you have not already requested that your ACT test results be sent to Anoka Technical College, you will need to submit an official copy to Anoka Technical College, Attn: Records, 1355 W Highway 10, Anoka, MN 55303.
- If you have completed a college-level math or English course at another college, or hold an Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an accredited U.S. institution of higher learning, please send an official copy of your transcript to the Records office to be reviewed for possible waiver from all or parts of Accuplacer.
- If you have previously attended a Minnesota State College or University (MnSCU) institution, Anoka Tech can retrieve your transcript free of charge.
- If you have attended a non-MnSCU institution, send a transcript to us at: Anoka Technical College, Attn: Records, 1355 W Highway 10, Anoka, MN 55303.
Exception - Students applying for the following programs cannot be exempt from taking ACCUPLACER based on previous coursework from other institutions or ACT sub scores: Occupational Therapy Assistant, Practical Nursing, or Surgical Technology.
Prepare for Accuplacer
Accuplacer Test Schedule
Accuplacer Walk-in Test Schedule for Fall 2015
August 31, 2015 through December 18, 2015
All Accuplacer testing is done on a walk-in basis in the Testing Center, Room 185.
Sign-in between 8 am and 2 pm on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. The room will close at 3:30 pm.
- You will be required to show a Photo ID.
- Students not transferring from another institution must bring a high school transcript or GED certificate.
- Calculators are not permitted. Scratch paper and pencil are provided.
- Most students finish in 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Results are immediate and help students select courses.
- Results do not affect admission to Anoka Tech - unless you do not have a high school diploma or GED.
Policy 3.2 Children in Classrooms - Children are not permitted in the Testing Center and must not be left unattended.
How to obtain a Minnesota ID card - Find DVS Office Locations
Test from Another MnSCU Campus
You have the option to take ACCUPLACER at any Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system campus (view campus location map).
You are responsible to:
Schedule your test at the college of your choice.
Ask the other MnSCU campus Test Administrator to distance proctor your test from Anoka Tech's Accuplacer testing Web site.
Notify Anoka Tech's Testing Center when placement testing has been completed from another location. Call them at 763-576-7830.
Test from an Out-of-State Location
Students who wish to test for Anoka Tech from an out-of-state location may do so by locating a proctor from a Testing Center or academic institution closer to their current location. If a proctor fee is required, students are responsible for payment.
Once the proctor has agreed to proctor Accuplacer from the Anoka Tech testing Web site, students should submit the Request to Take Accuplacer at a Remote Location form to the Anoka Tech Testing Center. Students may then schedule their test session with the distance proctor, providing notice to the Anoka Tech Testing Center as well to facilitate access to the testing Web site.
Contact the Anoka Tech Testing Center at (763) 576-7830 with questions or concerns.
Students that are not satisfied with their placements may retest. There is a $10 retest fee for each retest attempt. Students are strongly encouraged to review before retesting. There is no waiting period prior to retesting, with the exception of students retesting to meet federal Ability to Benefit guidelines.
Get Copy of Test Results
View your test results
View test results for all Accuplacer tests you have taken within the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) system.
Log in to eServices > Grades & Transcripts > Interactive Degree Audit Report
Send your scores to another institution
MnSCU - Accuplacer assessment data is auto-loaded to the MnSCU system database therefore your test results are already visible to other schools if they are within the MnSCU system.
Non-MnSCU - Print, complete and return the Consent for Release of Information form, located on the Forms & Resources page under the Records and Registration heading.
Return the completed form via one of the following:
Your scores will be released within 7 working days.
Practice first - test before attending Orientation
The Basic Computer Keyboarding (BCK) test-out is a means to satisfy the prerequisite for courses that require typing proficiency for success.
COMP0100 is a two-credit developmental keyboarding course designed to help students build typing skills.The two credits do not count toward a certificate, diploma, or degree. Students that do not pass the BCK test-out will register for COMP0100 to facilitate course registration.
| Net Words a Minute (NWAM)
| Resulting Course Placement
| 0-24 NWAM less than 93% accuracy
| COMP0100 Basic Computer Keyboarding
| 25-25+ NWAM 93% or higher accuracy
| Course prerequisite has been satisfied
The test-out is routinely administered to students in the programs listed below, immediately following Accuplacer:
- Accounting AAS
- Administrative Specialist CERT DIP AAS
- Bookkeeper CERT
- Health Information TEchnology AAS
- Judicial Reporting AAS
- Legal Administrative Assistant DIP AAS
- Medical Administrative Specialist AAS
- Medical Assistant AAS
- Medical Coding Specialist DIP
- Medical Receptionist DIP
- Medical Scribe Specialist CERT
- Payroll Accounting CERT
- Scoping/Proofreading CERT
- Tax Preparer CERT
Students are strongly encouraged to practice their typing skills before sitting for the keyboarding test-out. Test before attending Orientation to facilitate the registration process
The test-out must be taken in one sitting which includes unlimited practice tests and three timed trials. The timed trials include one test and two retests that are needed only if the first timed test is not passed. Timed trials are three minutes in duration.
Walk-in Test Schedule